- Original passport valid for no less than six (6) months, with at least two (2)
successive empty visa pages.
- Copy of valid residence permit and copy of the last extension, if applicable. This must
be provided before the extension is granted.
- Copy of family registration (printout from the Directorate General of Passports in the
Saudi city where the applicant resides). This should include the applicant’s complete
- Letter from the Saudi sponsor or consulate indicating the person is still employed and
requesting an extension of the re-entry visa. The letter must be notarized by a Saudi
Chamber of Commerce if the sponsor is a private sector entity, or by the Saudi Ministry
of Foreign Affairs if the sponsor is a government agency.
- Spouses and children of any person working in the Kingdom should provide a letter from
said person addressed to the Saudi Consulate requesting an extension of their
exit/re-entry visas. The letter must be notarized by the Saudi Chamber of Commerce if
the sponsor works for the private sector, or by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs if
the sponsor works for a government agency.
- Students residing outside the Kingdom for more than thirteen (13) months must submit
proof of current enrollment in school and a notarized letter from the guardian who is a
resident in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Family members residing outside the Kingdom for more than 13 months and employees
residing more than 6 months must provide a referral note, indicating the number and date
of the exit re-entry visa, issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or either of its
branches in Jeddah or Dammam.
- Applicants must pay $100/month of overstay outside the Kingdom after the expiration of
the exit/re-entry visa.
- Minors (under 18 years) traveling alone, or with one parent, must submit a notarized
letter in Arabic or English signed by a parent or a legal guardian.